Brinn Pro 2.0 Transmission
- Brinn part number 70101
- Lightweight - only 48.8 pounds without fluid
- The case, output housing, front plate and side cover are 100% magnesium
- The input and output shafts are gundrilled for reduced weight
- Superior dog clutch design provides the most durability and the smoothest shifting available
- No gears turn in direct drive (high gear)
- Lowest rotating weight (inertia) of any transmission available today
- Separate low and reverse gears make shifting precise
- The reverse idler gear does not spin in direct drive
- Integral clutch assembly provides quick and easy service
- Transmissions, parts, rebuilding and complete servicing readily available
- Six inch long, 27 tooth output shaft spline
- SAE 10 tooth input shaft spline
- Low gear ratio: 1.82:1
- Reverse gear ratio: 2.39:1
- Shafts and gears are cryogenically treated
- Not compatible with Quarter Master bellhousings
What Makes a Brinn 2.0 Transmission Unique?
Direct Drive Power PathThis illustration shows the minimal rotating mass in high gear that is one of the real innovations of the Brinn Pro 2.0 Transmission. The counter shaft, low gear, reverse gear, and reverse idler are not spinning when the transmission is in direct drive. Click to enlarge.
Low Gear Power PathThis illustration shows the power path and gears that are used when the transmission is in low gear. The reverse gear is not spinning when the transmission is in low gear. Click to enlarge.
Reverse Power PathThis illustration shows the power path and gears that are used when the transmission is in reverse gear. Click to enlarge.
Easy Clutch ServiceAccess to the clutch couldn't be simpler. Remove three bolts from the front plate and clutch assembly is free from the transmission. No other parts of the transmission need disassembly to service the clutch. Click to enlarge.
Ground ClearanceThe Brinn Pro 2.0 transmission and bellhousing combination allows for the lowest engine crankshaft height possible. Click to enlarge.
Overall DimensionsThe Brinn Pro 2.0 transmission has a compact size contributing to less weight. Click to enlarge.