Brinn Portable Shock Dynamometer
- Brinn part number 10080
- Choice of two peak speeds, 4.7 in/s and 13.3 in/s, with easy changeover from low to high
- Separate digital meters displaying peak compression and rebound force values in pounds
- Can be run on a 110V, 15 amp circuit
- 1.5 horsepower single-phase motor with 14:1 gear reduction
- Bench-top design (21" x 21" x 30" tall)
- Quiet, smooth operation
- Sturdy, welded frame construction
- Internal circuit breakers
- Does not have the ability to connect to a computer
Why Use a Brinn Dynamometer?
The Brinn Dual Speed portable shock absorber dynamometer allows any racer to analyze the following typical situations...
- Is the shock worn out?
- Did I rebuilt it correctly?
- Is the shock valving working correctly?
- How much change did the new valves make?
- Are two shocks with the same number and valving really the same?
- What do the numbers on my adjustable shocks represent in pounds of force?
- Now that the car is working well, can I duplicate the setup?
- The car is not working today, do I have a shock problem or should I keep looking?
In setting up your race car, knowing the force values of your shock absorbers is at least as important as knowing your spring rates. Just like dynoing your engine, dynoing your shock absorbers allows you to quickly learn things you need to know. If you are not dynoing your shocks you are probably losing to someone who is.
Don't waste time trying to find answers on the track when they can be found on your own work bench or in your trailer. Dramatic improvements in reduced testing time, performance, and cost savings are the result when you use a Brinn Dual Speed portable shock absorber dynamometer.